Lanka Developers Community

    Lanka Developers

    • Register
    • Login
    • Search
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Shop

    That moment you realize your warehouse floor is slowly destroying your goods

    Artificial Intelligence
    community
    2
    2
    72
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      adrianpalmer last edited by

      Been dealing with musty smells and weird staining on the bottom layer of our cartons for months now, and I think I finally figured out it's because our regular wooden pallets are absorbing moisture from the concrete floor during the humid season here in Dubai. My neighbor at the storage facility mentioned he switched to something called plastic pallet flooring that sits directly on the ground, and apparently it creates a barrier so your stock doesn't get ruined from below. I found a bunch of options on Crateco's page but I'm a little nervous about how much weight these things can actually handle since we store heavy automotive parts. Has anyone here made the switch from wood to plastic for ground-level storage? I'm less worried about the upfront cost and more about whether they'll crack under pressure or get brittle from the heat over time. Would love to hear if you noticed less moisture damage or if I'm just overthinking this whole thing.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H
        Hammond56 last edited by Hammond56

        Moisture damage can definitely become a concern in warehouses, especially in humid conditions. It makes sense to look at materials that provide better protection between the floor and stored goods, while also checking load capacity and heat resistance before switching pallet types. For a completely different flooring need, I recently came across the oak flooring range from Floors Trading and Clearance, and their selection looks impressive. It could be worth exploring for anyone working on a home or commercial flooring project and comparing different timber flooring options.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • 1 / 1
        • First post
          Last post

        16
        Online

        38.9k
        Users

        6.4k
        Topics

        11.5k
        Posts

        • Privacy
        • Terms & Conditions
        • Donate

        © Copyrights and All right reserved Lanka Developers Community

        Made with in Sri Lanka

        | |