Any Maserati owners found a reliable brake specialist in Dubai?
-
I've got a 2017 Levante that I absolutely love, but the brake pedal has started feeling a bit spongy and I can hear a faint grinding noise at low speeds, which I'm pretty sure means the pads are due for replacement. I've been quoted some eye-watering prices by the dealer, and I'd rather find a good independent specialist who knows these cars. A mate who drives a Ghibli told me about a workshop that offers an Elite Maserati Brake Installation service, and he said they use proper diagnostic tools and quality parts at a much more reasonable price than the dealer. I'm near Al Quoz, so anywhere in that area or close by would be ideal. Would appreciate any suggestions from fellow Maserati drivers.
-
Spongy pedal plus grinding is two separate things. Grinding is pads or scored rotors, but a soft pedal points at old fluid or air in the lines, so ask whether they'll bleed the system with fresh fluid. Don't just accept a pads-only quote.
-
Be careful with "quality parts" unless the quote lists brand and part numbers. Some independents fit budget pads and still charge close to dealer rates. Get two or three quotes from Al Quoz workshops and ask for a written warranty on parts and labour.
-
Had my Ghibli done at an independent after the dealer quote made me wince, and it came out at roughly half. They showed me the old pads and the rotor readings without being asked. Ask to see the worn parts when you collect it, whoever you pick.
-
The Levante's rear electronic parking brake needs to go into service mode with a proper scan tool before anyone touches the rear pads. Also ask whether they reset the wear sensors afterwards and measure the rotors against minimum thickness. If a shop doesn't mention a diagnostic tool, I'd move on.
-
Is the grinding from the front or the rear, and roughly how many km is it on? Also, is it a base Levante or an S, and is it GCC spec? That would help people point you to a shop that has actually done one.